Immediately build and get your website online at Hostinger. Choose hosting for at least 12 months and get one free domain ! Don’t wait until tomorrow to be successful and make money online.
Table of contents
- Your Expectations-Setting Goals
- How to Earn Money from Website
- 1. Pay Per Click Advertising with Google AdSense
- 2. Selling Ad Space
- 3. Affiliate Marketing
- 4. Monetization Based Donation
- 5. Selling Your Own Products or Services
- 6. Sponsored Content
- 7. Website Flipping
- 9. Coupon with Affiliate Link
- 10. Manage Courses or Online Training
Your Expectations– setting goals
Before you figure out how to make money from a website, there are a few things you need to consider.
Nothing is instant. Likewise with making money from a website, you need time and dedication. Initially, what you get may not be what you expected. But don’t let that get in your way.
To get the desired results, there is one important thing that website owners must have—traffic. Without traffic you will not be able to benefit from the website. For more information, you can read our article on how to drive traffic to your website to get things started.
Estimate the snowball effect . Once you find the snowball toppled over, the snowball will get bigger and bigger.
Now that you know everything, it’s time to find out how to make money from a website.
How to Earn Money from Website
When your website already has enough traffic, it’s time to monetize it.
1. Pay Per Click Advertising with Google AdSense
PPC is an online advertising model where website owners can generate passive income every time when readers touch the click button on the advertising banner. In this regard, Google AdSense has become the most popular medium.
Google AdSense is one of the easiest ways to earn extra income because you don’t need more effort to place ads on your blog or website. Another interesting thing, you can still apply to become an AdSense partner even if you have multiple websites.
With great support from Google , website owners don’t have to worry about managing it. User forums as well as tutorials are available to help users get started.
So, how much profit will you get?
- 68% of revenue from AdSense for content
- 51% of AdSense for search ads
The interesting thing is that Google will always pay you on time , usually between the 21st and 26th of every month.
How to make money from a website with Google AdSense:
- Read the Terms and Conditions section . Make sure your website meets all the criteria.
- Continue to register for AdSense, then wait for approval.
- Place ads on the website as you wish.
For a tutorial, you can read our article on adding AdSense to WordPress .
2. Selling Ad Space
Selling free space on your website directly to advertisers is also worth a try. This method will be more time consuming, but you can maximize your revenue by showing ads.
Spaces can be links at the bottom of the page, banners at the side of the page, or small pop-ons . Prices will vary – so you should negotiate the price well.
So to use this method, you need to have not only traffic but also a high conversion rate. This is because, the Ad Space method generates pay per click or pay per visitor. This means that you will earn money from advertisers based on the number of people who click on the ad or visit the website.
So, how do you let advertisers know you’re selling ad space?
- Create a media set of summary that displays statistical data and some information about your website.
- Send to prospective advertisers. Tell them why they need to work with you.
- When you have encountered a number of advertiser groups, you can manage them with Google Ad Manager .
- Make sure they are satisfied.
You can use online media such as Clicky Web Analytics , Quantcast , and Google Analytics to get information about your website. If you have a WordPress site, applying Google Analytics will become easier with our tutorial .
3. Affiliate Marketing
If you have the advantage of reviewing or promoting products, you can try affiliate marketing to make money through the website.
Through an affiliate link, you can earn a certain amount of commission when a reader buys a product or uses the services of a company affiliated with you.
Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to collect passive income . You don’t have to have a product to sell it. Some websites such as Wirecutter and Smart Passive Income have made huge profits through affiliate marketing.
Here are some ways to earn money from websites through affiliate marketing :
- Create a website that aims to recommend and promote a product. In addition, you can also make a review of an item or service related to the content you have.
- Join several affiliate programs like Bluehost and Amazon or look for affiliate networks like ShareASale and CJ Affiliate .
- Include affiliate links in your content.
4. Monetization Based Donation
This method involves the skills you have and the creative content in your posts. Currently, some of our readers are willing to give compensation in the form of funds to their favorite influencers .
If your content is of value and you need help developing your website, you can ask for donations in an appropriate way. Not every reader will make a donation, but if you have enough traffic, you might manage to get some money to run your website.
You can put a donation button on the website display so that it allows readers to contribute directly to donate. Furthermore, you can link several payment methods such as PayPal , Stripe , or Fundly .
Add buttons as widgets, then you can place them however you want. Make sure the reader can find it easily.
5. Selling Your Own Products or Services
You own the product, you also have the expertise, however, you don’t have a booth to sell directly or promote it. Here’s the solution—market it online. Join thousands of others by marketing your product or expertise through Bellroy .
The procedure for creating an online store is more than just creating a simple website . But it is not impossible if through an eCommerce store, or better still by creating a free sasles funnel , you can make it in a day.
Well, here’s how to make money through e-commerce :
- Know your niche .
- Choose a domain name along with web hosting .
- Install WordPress
- Install WooCommerce or similar eCommerce tools .
- Design your store by choosing a theme and applying it. You can start with: WooCommerce theme library and WordPress WooCommerce theme library
- Add your favorite product by pointing it to Products >> Add New in the sidebar.
- You can start a marketing strategy and get your first sale!
Of course in the process will take time. But with drive and dedication, absolutely nothing will be impossible. For more tutorials, you can access our article on how to create an online store .
6. Sponsored Content
Sponsored content is a collaboration between you as a website owner and a brand you work with. With this business, you will be paid to create content and publish it on your website.
Content can resemble products or information regarding sales, offers, infographics, or reviews. Content can be written by you or a sponsor of the brand itself. In addition, you can add a fairly high cost if you write posts as well as post them on your website.
In assessing sponsored content, you need to consider the following:
- How much influence do you have online.
- The number of sponsored posts you will write each month.
- How long will it take you to create content.
- Value to brand (sponsored content vs. your blog’s brand)
An example is BuzzFeed , for Buzfeed sponsored content can cost around $100,000. This is because of the magnitude of the influence and also the value of the brand.
Here are some ways to make money from a website with sponsored posts:
- Start small, Kristy Ellington , a content marketer and strategist, suggests starting with simple local brands and companies.
- Develop a portfolio.
- Work closely with marketing and public relations agencies.
- Looking for sponsors such as Tomoson , Cooperatize , and PayPerPost .
Sponsored content is a great way to add revenue to your website. Keep in mind, you need to create transparency to the reader and also be observant of the process.
7. Website Flipping
This method will be a little different from the other ways because you can sell your website on this method. Later, the benefits you get will depend on the type of website you have managed.
To find out more about the amount of website sales, you can do a search through the Empire Flippers list .
Below are some things that affect the selling price of a website:
- The amount of traffic on a website
- How profitable is the website
- Website revenue stability
- Prospects of website development sustainability
8. Website Membership
Membership website is a kind of upgrade to the donation method. This way, you will charge readers additional fees for accessing certain content.
For example, International Living is a well-known online travel magazine. Blue Apron isn’t your typical recipe blog either. To access content from such websites, readers are required to register or subscribe.
If you believe that your content is valuable and worth selling, you can try making money from your website this way.
How to get money from the website through memberships :
- Find a suitable model on your website.
Subscriptions : users pay monthly or annually to access content and any information from the website.
Transactions : separately selling individual content such as video tutorials, audio downloads or training programs.
Metered : content will be charged for free until the user reaches a certain period. After that, users will pay if they want to continue to access.
- Set up paywall. If you have a site like WordPress already installed and managed, all you need to do is add members to the website plugin .
Some recommended plugins you can use for paid content:
- Membership & Content Restrictions: limit all your content, manage attractive subscription plans and process membership payments.
- Simple Membership : create leveled membership and limit content according to membership level.
- WP-Members : hides some parts of your content and provides teasers. WP-Members also provides media to prepare registration forms wherever you want.
For further discussion, we provide a tutorial in the article on how to create a membership site with WordPress .
9. Coupon with Affiliate Link
Who isn’t interested in discounts? 97% of consumers look for discounts when shopping. Another form of affiliate marketing is by offering coupons from affiliate partners.
When it comes to online discounts and coupons, Ebates is the champion. This site gains profit by attracting consumers’ attention and connecting them directly to partners who work with Ebates.
By including coupons in the website, you have the opportunity to increase the amount of traffic.
So what are the options?
- Post coupons from affiliate partners or programs you joined on your website.
- Contact local and national merchants to make deals that you can promote on the website.
- Create a site that aims to offer coupons in general ( coupons.com ) or specifically ( Holidayers ).
10. Manage Courses or Online Training
These days, classes are no longer needed in teaching, because online courses are one of the alternatives. If you have skills to share, you can make money on your website by providing online courses.
Online courses can be in different formats including PDF file downloads, audio recordings, or videos. Take Guitar Tricks , for example, which provides step-by-step videos as well as articles on how to do things.
Then, how to earn money through websites with online courses?
- Determine the topic/ niche.
- Create a new site or you can combine your course with an existing site (blog, eCommerce site, membership site, etc.).
- Upload content and publish!
Managing online courses can be a promising option because there is no limit to the benefits you will get.
If you are serious making money online, the 10 steps above is just introductory. I will now give you an exhaustive array of methods to make real full time income online.
1. Doing Affiliate Marketing on Niche Blog or website.
Here you need to do Niche research and find a good niche, build a good blog or website around the niche topic, writing or contract out the writing of articles that will convert.
If you want to make money as a full time, then you must build a channel by attracting traffic to your website, follow up on them until they become your customers. there are free tools you can use as a starter and when you start money, you may then scale up and make much money.
When I mentioned that you should create a blog or website above, you may see the task as overwhelming and costly, buy it is possible for you get all these done with just about $60 per year. The most important cost you need to bear is buying a domain name and hosting.
The overwhelming task of creating a niche blogpost or website is being solved by downloading my FREE COURSE.
Making money by managing a website can be an interesting experience to try. However, keep in mind that earning money from websites will take time, dedication and most importantly – traffic.
We’ve talked about 10 different ways on how to make money from a website. Here’s the review:
- Google AdSense manage ads with the help of Google.
- Sell Ad Space connect directly to advertisers, manage your ads by maximizing revenue.
- Affiliate Marketing join affiliate programs and affiliate marketing to add commissions.
- Monetization – based Donations request a certain amount of donations from readers.
- Selling Your Own Products adding costs related to available goods and services
- Sponsored Content collaborate with a number of partners for profit.
- Redirect Your Website sell the website.
- Membership Website charging readers to access content.
- Coupons with Affiliate Links coupon offers and discounts from a number of partners.
- Managing Online Courses or Training share your skills and knowledge while making money at the same time.